METALLIC NON-OXIDIZING FLOOR HARDENER
Mitchell’s Hardonate NR is a metallic powder designed to be incorporated into concrete floors to prolong the surface life of floors and protect against abrasion, wear & tear and impact damage caused by the movement of trolleys, forklifts and other heavy traffic. Each batch of Hardonate NR is uniformly ground, segregated and recombined in a selected gradation with added dispersing and plasticizing agents so that the finished floor attains a uniform colour and texture. Hardonate NR is completely inert, it does not oxidize or rust and is unaffected by acids, alkalis and other harsh chemicals.
Hardonate NR is recommended for industrial floors and for areas where a heavy duty floor surface is required. It is suitable for use in Textile mills, Jute mills, Pharmaceutical and Chemical plants, Cement and Tobacco factories, Ware houses, Railway Stations, Sports Facilities, Super Markets, Parking areas, Workshops, Airports, Refineries, Power Stations etc.
- The hardonate nr topping should be laid to a minimum thickness of 20 mm. The base slab should also have a thickness of atleast 50 mm in 1:2:4 concrete composition.
- To ensure complete bond with the base slab, the hardonate nr topping should be laid with in three hours of laying of the base slab (a shorter period is advised for hot weather.
- The mix proportion for hardonate nr topping is, 1 part cement, 2 parts natural stone (6mm down) and 0.25 parts hardonate nr or 12.50 kg hardonate nr added per 50 kg bag of cement.
- Any free water on the surface of the base slab should be removed prior to the application of hardonate nr topping. 5. Proper care should be exercised to obtain full compaction at edges and corners. A smooth and hard surface is obtained by wood trowelling at intervals. It is recommended that the surface be trowelled till all pores and pinholes have disappeared. The formal trowelling should be delayed for as long as possible.
- Proper care should be exercised to obtain full compaction at edges and corners. A smooth and hard surface is obtained by wood trowelling at intervals. It is recommended that the surface be trowelled till all pores and pinholes have disappeared. The fmal trowelling should be delayed for as long as possible.
- It is recommended that the water-cement ratio for the hardonate nr topping should be kept to as low as permitted by the consultant or site engineer and local weather conditions.