METALLIC NON-OXIDIZING FLOOR HARDENER
Mitchell’s Hardonate NR is a metallic powder designed to be incorporated into concrete floors to prolong the surface life of floors and protect against abrasion, wear & tear and impact damage caused by the movement of trolleys, forklifts and other heavy traffic. Each batch of Hardonate NR is uniformly ground, segregated and recombined in a selected gradation with added dispersing and plasticizing agents so that the finished floor attains a uniform colour and texture. Hardonate NR is completely inert, it does not oxidize or rust and is unaffected by acids, alkalis and other harsh chemicals.
HOW HARDONATE WORKS
It is well established that industrial floor presents more problems than any other part of the structure and therefore requires special treatment in order to withstand wear & tear and provide life long efficient service. Hardonate NR is the most effective and economical solution for preventing the defects inherent in conventional concrete floors.
When hardonate NR is added to the topping mix, it increases the density and strength of the concrete topping thereby reducing permeability, voids and shrinkage. Hardonate NR’s addition to the topping mix fills up the voids in concrete, with high strength iron particles, resulting in a dense, compact, impermeable surface highly resistant to abrasion and wear. Unlike conventional iron based floor hardeners, Hardonate NR will NOT oxidize or rust, this ensures that there are no unsightly rust marks on the concrete surface. In addition, Hardonate NR fortified concrete toppings are dustproof and the chemical resistance is significantly improved as compared to ordinary concrete toppings.
The surface should be cured continuously for atleast 07 days with clean water or a suitable curing agent such as Mitchell’s HARDOCURE should be applied as soon as the finishing operation is completed.
50 Kg double ply bags.
For 20 mm topping, 30 Kg Hardonate NR will be required for 100 sft area.
Hardonate NR is recommended for industrial floors and for areas where a heavy duty floor surface is required. It is suitable for use in Textile mills, Jute mills, Pharmaceutical and Chemical plants, Cement and Tobacco factories, Ware houses, Railway Stations, Sports Facilities, Super Markets, Parking areas, Workshops, Airports, Refineries, Power Stations etc.
- THE HARDONATE NR TOPPING SHOULD BE LAID TO A MINIMUM THICKNESS OF 20 MM. THE BASE SLAB SHOULD ALSO HAVE A THICKNESS OF ATLEAST 50 MM IN 1:2:4 CONCRETE COMPOSITION.
- TO ENSURE COMPLETE BOND WITH THE BASE SLAB, THE HARDONATE NR TOPPING SHOULD BE LAID WITH IN THREE HOURS OF LAYING OF THE BASE SLAB (A SHORTER PERIOD IS ADVISED FOR HOT WEATHER.
- THE MIX PROPORTION FOR HARDONATE NR TOPPING IS, 1 PART CEMENT, 2 PARTS NATURAL STONE (6MM DOWN) AND 0.25 PARTS HARDONATE NR OR 12.50 KG HARDONATE NR ADDED PER 50 KG BAG OF CEMENT.
- ANY FREE WATER ON THE SURFACE OF THE BASE SLAB SHOULD BE REMOVED PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION OF HARDONATE NR TOPPING. 5. PROPER CARE SHOULD BE EXERCISED TO OBTAIN FULL COMPACTION AT EDGES AND CORNERS. A SMOOTH AND HARD SURFACE IS OBTAINED BY WOOD TROWELLING AT INTERVALS. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE SURFACE BE TROWELLED TILL ALL PORES AND PINHOLES HAVE DISAPPEARED. THE FMAL TROWELLING SHOULD BE DELAYED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
- PROPER CARE SHOULD BE EXERCISED TO OBTAIN FULL COMPACTION AT EDGES AND CORNERS. A SMOOTH AND HARD SURFACE IS OBTAINED BY WOOD TROWELLING AT INTERVALS. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE SURFACE BE TROWELLED TILL ALL PORES AND PINHOLES HAVE DISAPPEARED. THE FMAL TROWELLING SHOULD BE DELAYED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE WATER-CEMENT RATIO FOR THE HARDONATE NR TOPPING SHOULD BE KEPT TO AS LOW AS PERMITTED BY THE CONSULTANT OR SITE ENGINEER AND LOCAL WEATHER CONDITIONS.